What is otoplasty?
There are various indications for modifying the shape of the ears. Ragged lobes, large ears that can be made smaller, but the most typical otoplasty is the one that treats the so-called “puff ears”.
They are those ears that are widely separated from the head, in the “Dumbo” style that often have a poorly defined shape at the level of its upper part, being flat instead of having a fold called a helix.
In these cases we treat both alterations. On the one hand, we reduce the shell, which is the cartilage that keeps the ear separate from the head. On the other hand, we shape the upper part of the earlobe, creating a helix, the anatomical fold that we all have.
- At the first visit, the surgeon takes a timely medical history and conducts an exploration of the ears. In front of a mirror and with the simple maneuver of folding or bringing the ears together towards the head, the patient will be able to transmit what he wants.
- Depending on the needs of the patient, his concerns and his expectations, the surgeon will advise him on the most appropriate technique to apply, as well as the results he can obtain.
- The surgery can be done under local anesthesia, with an incision hidden behind the ear. Each ear lasts approximately 30 min, and the stitches retract after 10 days. During the initial postoperative phase, we recommend wearing an elastic band keeping the ears close to the head.
- Once the sutures are removed, you can now exercise and lead a normal life.
- Postoperative medication consists of anti-inflammatories and disinfectants, and later healing moisturizers.
Why have an operation at Birbe Clinic?
We are specialists in designing faces and smiles.
At Birbe Clinic we have a great team, mentored by Dr. Joan Birbe, with more than 20 years of experience treating patients; always up to date with news and selecting the innovations that really bring improvements to our treatments. As in the case of virtual simulations of facial surgeries, intraoral scanners, customization of facial prostheses, the use of the microscope, etc.
Our priority is to achieve excellence in treatment. All this with a personalized, honest and trustworthy treatment. In addition, our facilities offer maximum hygiene, sterilization and comfort.
Find out what they think of us!
We help you carry out the intervention you need
After a rigorous evaluation we will offer you a personalized and closed estimate with all the necessary forms of payment and financing, so that you can carry it out.
Contact us during our business hours of:
- Monday, Thursday and Friday from 8.00h to 16.00h.
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 8.00h to 18.00h.
- Phone Number: +34 93 212 47 37.
Outside of our business hours you can send us a WhatsApp or a form and we will answer you as soon as possible. Being located in Barcelona, we receive patients from all over the national and international territory.
During your first consultation we will provide you with:
✔ Personal diagnosis by oral and facial examination.
✔ Closed estimate with different financing possibilities.