Our intention with these recommendations is to help you prepare your intervention.
By following the following recommendations, you will increase the chances of having a better postoperative period and faster healing.
Before your Operation
- If your surgery is performed under general anesthesia, in our case it applies to the majority of bimaxillary orthognathic surgeries, you will have to undergo preoperative tests (chest X-ray, laboratory analysis and electrocargiogram) that we will indicate in your previous visits.
- Do not smoke for at least 15 days prior to the operation. By eliminating tobacco during the 2-3 weeks prior to surgery, we are able to eliminate nicotine from our body, thus our arteries regain their size and blood reaches all tissues normally. This process is crucial for good healing.
- Avoid drinking alcohol the days before, at least 24 hours before surgery. Alcohol increases the risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- Avoid heavy and large meals. A light and balanced diet is always the most appropriate, especially before surgery.
- Do not take aspirin or similar products for three weeks prior to surgery. Aspirin, derivatives or similar medication, reduces blood clotting and therefore increases bleeding during surgery and favors the appearance of postoperative hematomas.
- If you take anticoagulant medication routinely, you should inform us and we will indicate the steps to follow in your particular case.
- When it comes to personal hygiene, it goes without saying how important it is. Despite this, we give you the following instructions: the two days before the surgery you should shower and wash your hair with shampoo at least once a day. The morning of surgery you should also shower and shampoo your hair.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery, not even a sip of water. You can brush your teeth, but not swallow water.
- Emphasize your attitude, be positive, you are about to have surgery, you have finally decided and in a few hours it will be done. Come excited, happy, proud, positive, confident, even relaxed. All our team knows you and awaits you 100% prepared.
Interventions with Sedation
- We recommend that you do not come alone, due to the sedation you will not be able to drive and public transport can be uncomfortable.
- You must come on a 6-hour fast, no food or drinks (or water) the 6 hours before surgery. Therefore it is advisable that your last meal is neither too heavy nor salty.
- Come with comfortable clothes, as far as possible without zippers
- Try to come without metals or jewelry (rings, chains, percings …). We will have to remove everything to enter the operating room.
Dr. Joan Birbe
We help you carry out the intervention you need
After a rigorous evaluation we will offer you a personalized and closed estimate with all the necessary forms of payment and financing, so that you can carry it out.
What comforts and facilities do we assure you?
- Two comfortable waiting rooms to preserve your privacy to the maximum.
- You will have the personal telephone number of Dr. Birbe to solve any questions prior to the treatment and have maximum peace of mind during your recovery.
- If you wish, before your first visit we can coordinate a first video conference with Dr. Birbe
- Our treatment coordinator will ensure that you have the maximum facilities at all times, just let us know how we can help you.
- Parking next to Birbe Clinic.
- More information about our facilities
Our priority is to achieve excellence in treatment. All this with a personalized, honest and trustworthy treatment. In addition, our facilities offer maximum hygiene, sterilization and comfort.
Find out what they think of us!
Contact us during our business hours of:
- Monday, Thursday and Friday from 8.00h to 16.00h.
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 8.00h to 18.00h.
- Phone Number: +34 93 212 47 37.
Outside of our business hours you can send us a WhatsApp or a form and we will answer you as soon as possible. Being located in Barcelona, we receive patients from all over the national and international territory.
During your first consultation we will provide you with:
✔ Personal diagnosis by oral and facial examination.
✔ Closed estimate with different financing possibilities.